- Registered Practitioner Psychologist. Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Chartered Forensic Psychologist. The British Psychological Society (BPS). Member of the Division of Forensic Psychology (DFP).
- Associate Fellow (AFBPsS). The British Psychological Society.
- Award of Test User: Forensic. The British Psychological Society, Psychological Testing Centre. Entered on to the Register of Qualification in Test Use (RQTU).
- European Certificate in Psychology (EuroPsy).
- EMDR Therapist. Member of EMDR UK & Ireland Association.
- Co-Programme Lead at University of Winchester.
- Doctorate in Forensic Psychology (D. Foren. Psy.)
- Qualification in Forensic Psychology: Stage 2. The British Psychological Society
- MSc in Forensic Psychology. University of Portsmouth
- Diploma in Psychology (Conversion for Postgraduates).The Open University
- BSc (honours) Psychology with English. King Alfred’s College, Winchester
- Accredited EMDR Training (Part 1, 2 & 3)
- Working with psychosis using EMDR
- Working with complex cases using EMDR
- Working with individuals who dissociate, including ego state interventions, using EMDR
- Working with addictions using EMDR
- Basic Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) skills (Part 1-4).
- Working with Depression using CBT, Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Interventions
- CBT and Personality Disorder
- Anger Management Therapy
- Treating multiple severe disorders with Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Attachment and emotional health
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM).
- Motivational approaches
- Effective Group work skills
- Hearing Voices Network Group Facilitation training
- Working with and supporting adults with Autism
- Training in Medico-legal and expert witness work
- Training in various short & long term risk assessment measures
- Assessment of Psychopathy and Personality Disorder
Areas I work with
- Depression/ Low Mood
- Overwhelming Emotions
- Trauma including PTSD
- Sporting Accidents and Injuries
- Childhood Difficulties including abuse
- Grief & Loss
- Low Self-Esteem
- Weight Issues
- Hearing Voices
- Unusual Beliefs/ Worrying thoughts
- Difficulties Interacting with Others
Areas of Expertise
I have worked within both NHS and private mental health care services for nearly 20 years. I am currently employed as a Practitioner Psychologist for Priory Healthcare. Predominantly, I have worked within secure hospitals and I have significant experience in supporting individuals recover from a wide range of complex difficulties and achieve their goals.
I have particular experience in working with individuals who are survivors of childhood abuse, those who experience difficulties managing their emotions and individuals who live with unusual perceptual experiences and/ or hear voices.
During my clinical practice, I have observed that distressing events in someone’s life can often result in them experiencing difficulties later on. These events may effect someone dramatically at the time or may be less memorable events. Either way these events can have a profound effect on someone’s quality of life. Processing these events can be incredibly liberating and can allow you to move forwards and achieve your goals.
As a result of these observations, I mainly use EMDR (Eye Movement Densensitisation and Reprocessing), but where appropriate I integrate this approach with other therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness and Client Centred approaches.
Presentations / Conferences
- Personal experiences of EMDR within secure services. Poster Presentation, Division of Forensic Psychology Conference, British Psychological Society.
- Evaluating a Recovery Approach.Poster Presentation, Division of Forensic Psychology Conference, British Psychological Society.
- Co-programme Lead and Lecturer on MSc Forensic psychology at University of Winchester. Module Lead for Specialist Interventions Module and dissertation supervisor.